Well since Mount Eyjafjallajokull has allowed air travel to resume across the northern skies our trip to England has been re-booked and we are now once again counting down the days till we get to go home.
I have been remarkably un-thankful of late and so am prepping myself by thinking of all the wonderful things I miss about good old Brittania. If we accept that I miss my family and friends most of all I offer the following advantages of a sojourn in the homeland...
1. The BBC - Oh for a commercial free channel with quality programming and real news.
2.Bacon Sandwiches - Thick White Bread, thick Juicy Bacon and Brown Sauce - oh yum! I will inevitably eat at least one a day while I am there!
3. Outdoor Markets
4. Sidewalks - the ability to walk to the destination of my choice even if it is 20 miles away.
5. Public Transportation - oh to be able to hop on a train to any sprawling metropolis or "no starbucks" hamlet.
6. Sausages - you have not lived till you have had a proper banger - Even the Store value version tops any offering in the states.
7. Cadburys Chocolate - and not the kind made in Pennsylvania by Hershey, the kind made in Bournville, not 45 minutes from my parents house.
8. Tea. Proper Tea. In any cafe, bar or gas station. Tea with milk. Not having to ask for milk. Tea. Not having to specify from a choice of 12 herbal blends. Proper Tea.
9. Shopping for clothes that no one over here will have!
10. Small cars, small roads and sheep crossing small roads.
11. Fish and Chip shops
12. The colour Green - rolling hills - being able to see for miles around without being atop a mountain!
And so many more....